Arrowhead Research is having a great start to Thursday’s trading session as investors anticipate a big event. Today is the day of the ARWR analyst day; an event that will begin at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Today’s event was designed as an outlet for Arrowhead Research to release top-line results from it’s most recent clinical trial known as Heparc-2001. The trial is a Phase 2a clinical study of an investigational treatment for chronic hepatitis B infections known as ARC-520. Today, we’ll talk about what we’re seeing in the market thus far today, the topics of conversation ARWR will be discussing during the event, and what we can expect to see once the analyst day event ends. So, let’s get right to it…
How ARWR Is Reacting To The Anticipation Of Analyst Day
As mentioned above, ARWR is having a great morning as investors eagerly anticipate the news that is less than an hour away. The climb is for good reason. In the outline for the event, Arrowhead Research built excitement by giving a sneak peak at what we can expect; which we’ll talk about later. Currently (10:02), ARWR is trading at $8.29 per share after a gain of 23.00% so far this morning.
What Investors Are Expecting To See
Based on the outline provided for the event, investors are expecting to see the results of the Phase 2a study as well as a background of nucleotide/nucleoside analog inhibitors, tenofovir and entecavir. In the outline for the event, ARWR offered up the following hints as to what to expect…
- Arrowhead’s proprietary DPC platfoirm has the ability to effectively and consistently knock down target genes in humans.
- ARC-520 achieves significant HBV s-Antigen reductions in humans, particularly in treatment naive, HbeAG-positive patients.
- Arrowhead identifies a large target HBV population for ARC-520 and describes a new paradigm for the HBV lifecycle.
- ARC-520 induces deep HbsAg reduction in chronically HBV infected chimps and one of four HbeAg-positive chimps demonstrated signs of immune reactivation during therapy.
- ARC-520 has been well-tolerated.
- Arrowhead expands its HBV portfolio by nominating an additional clinical candidate that is complementary to ARC-520.
All in all, based on what I’m seeing in the outline, I’m incredibly excited to hear the news ARWR has to offer.
What We Can Expect To See After The Event
While no one can tell the future, I am expecting to see an overwhelmingly positive reaction. Based on the outline for the event, it seems as though ARWR has quite a bit of positive news to offer up. What I see being a particular catalyst for the stock is the fact that the company will be introducing a new candidate that compliments ARC-520. After all, any announcement of new candidates tends to cause gains in the biotech space. Nonetheless, we’ll have to watch closely to see what happens!
What Do You Think?
How do you think ARWR will react to the event and why? Let us know in the comments below!
[Image Courtesy of Arrowhead Research]