GENPREX, INC. (NASDAQ: GNPX) which is honoring its mission to REPROGRAMMING THE COURSE OF CANCER, is a clinical stage gene therapy approach company developing potentially life-changing technologies for cancer patients, based upon a unique proprietary technology platform, including Genprex’s initial product candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogenic therapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Genprex’s novel platform to treat cancer with unique approach and technologies, that are designed to administer cancer fighting genes by encapsulating them into nanoscale hollow spheres called nanovesicles, which are then administered intravenously and taken up by tumor cells where they express proteins that are missing or found in low quantities.
THE PRODUCT INSIGHTS AND DISTINCTIONS
Oncoprex has a multimodal mechanism of action whereby it interrupts cell signaling pathways that cause replication and proliferation of cancer cells, re-establishes pathways for apoptosis, or programmed cell death, in cancer cells, and modulates the immune response against cancer cells. Oncoprex has also been shown to block mechanisms that create drug resistance.
Oncoprex has distinguishing competitive advantage over others as it is clinically proven to selectively kill cancer cells while sparing normal cells. It is also harnessing the body’s natural tumor-suppressing mechanisms to detect and destroy cancer cells which provide therapeutic benefit to patients who have developed resistance to some inhibitors. Creating significant cancer-killing synergy when combined with a variety of kinase inhibitors.
THE JOINT COLLABORATIONS AND VENTURES
- Contracting with Accenture to provide clinical data management services to help accelerate the clinical development of Oncoprex™.
- Contracting with WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) to provide site selection and feasibility services, including Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) oversight for new clinical trial sites that Genprex anticipates adding to participate in its Phase I/II clinical trial evaluating the combination of Oncoprex™ and erlotinib (Tarceva®) in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Selecting 4 Clinics as a CRO to provide clinical and regulatory support for Genprex’s clinical development program in the form of biostatistics, statistical programming and analysis, as well as medical and scientific writing for the Phase I/II clinical trial.
- Entering into an agreement with the University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School to establish executive offices at the school’s Health Discovery Building, joining the WorkSpaces @ Texas Health CoLab.”
THE RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT PIPELINES
Genprex is collaborating with:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Health Science Center San Antonio
to outclass the research and developments along with other biotech companies which resulted in proven breakthroughs.
THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
30+ Patents Issued, 2 Pending MD Anderson Cancer Center.
THE FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The Company’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) and private placement hits the Cash generations through financing activities by $15,389,518 in 2018 as compared to cash generations of $793,971 in 2017. The positive differential effects of $14,595,547 in net cashflow.
- Genprex’s research and development expense increased to $971,427 for the year ended December 31, 2018, compared to $289,934 that for 2017 as per audited results. The huge increase of $681,493 depicts the Company’s directions to improving clinical strategies, expanding research activities, refining existing manufacturing processes, and developing new manufacturing and value chain processes to support its future activities.
- The cash position holds to $8.6 million as of December 31, 2018.
- Market Capitalization $ 21.53 million
- Share Price $1.38
- Successfully Completed its initial public offering and listing of common stock on NASDAQ.
- The private placement reaches to $10 million.
- Company’s Board of Directors approved the issuance of stock option grants to purchase a total of 96,894 shares of Common Stock to employees and 45,976 shares of Common Stock to an independent director.
- Already received grants from:
- Texas Emerging Technology Fund,
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR),
- National Institutes of Health and
- United States Department of the Treasury.
The biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries are intensely competitive and subject to rapid and significant technological change. It has competitors in the United States and Europe, including major multinational pharmaceuticals, established biotechnology companies, specialty pharmaceutical and generic drug companies. Smaller or early-stage companies may also prove to be significant competitors, particularly through collaborative arrangements with large and established companies
THE TARGET MARKET OPPORTUNITY
Genprex’s leveraging its technologies seek to bridge a critical gap by combining with targeted therapies and immunotherapies to provide treatments to large patient populations who would otherwise not be candidates for those therapies or who have become resistant to them.
Genprex technologies are being developed to overcome genomic limitations which are inherent in targeted therapies and immunotherapies in order to provide new treatment solutions to large cancer populations, such as those with lung cancer.
It has recently presented outclass deck at the International Immuno-Oncology Investment Forum designed to bring together thought leaders from cancer research institutes, patient advocacy groups, pharma and biotech to facilitate partnering, funding and investment. Genprex amongst the top of 30+ presentations by public and private biotechnology companies.
THE FUTURE OUTLOOK AND PROSPECTS
Genprex Inc. setting a new paradigm with its clear strategic objectives.
Establishing upcoming milestones as:
- Optimize product development and manufacturing
- Explore expedited approval pathways with the FDA
- Additional clinical trial data
Oncoprex has the potential to become an effective add-on therapy for the treatment of deadly non-small cell lung cancer. Genprex Inc. plans to extrapolate the current Oncoprex trial to numerous researches and conduct more new trials.
If Clinical Phase II results are as positive as initial indications, it could spark drastically and possibly even attract a large biotechnology and pharmaceuticals to push vast collaborations and high-value ventures with Genprex. If such a strategic venture commercializes Genprex’s technology, it could potentially create value addition for the stakeholders.
Recently, Noble Financial, the Investment Bank, has already pitched the stock to reach $5 per share, nearly triple from current price, which satisfy the Investors perspective to positive results and blockbuster potential.
Address 1601 Trinity Street,
Bldg. B, Suite #3.322
Austin, Texas 78712
Phone 877-774-GNPX (4679)
Disclosure – This article was written by a third party. CNA Finance has a monetary relationship with Genprex. Learn more here.