Giving is an important part of life…at least, it should be. It doesn’t matter your beliefs or your religion, giving is crucial to having healthy finances.
Give and you shall receive is most definitely true, but giving is much more than receiving. When you discover that giving is better than receiving, you’re well on your way to truly living a life of purpose and worth.
And what better time to talk about giving than the holiday season?
We get together on Thanksgiving to give thanks and appreciate the things we have…then a few hours later we’re fighting over the best deals on Black Friday.
The holidays are a beautiful time of the year to give abundantly and most of us do, but how often do we turn around and nitpick the gifts we get from others or the fact that someone hasn’t bought us a gift, though we thought they should have.
We’re all guilty of not being thankful or grateful at one time or another. And this isn’t about judgement. It’s about remembering the joy of giving and being inspired to make this holiday season about others.
Lest we forget those who aren’t getting presents this year and remember those who don’t even have someone to buy for.
Here’s to your inspiration and your giving. Here are 25 Inspiring Quotes on Giving for This Holiday Season…
1. “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.”
-Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
3. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”
– Lao Tzu
4. “As we give presents at Christmas, we need to recognize that sharing our time and ourselves is such an important part of giving.”
– Gordon B. Hinckley
5. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa
6. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens
7. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
― Winston S. Churchill
8. “No one has ever become poor by giving.”
– Anne Frank
9. “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.”
– Thomas S. Monson
10. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.”
– Mother Teresa
11. “When you give up yourself, that’s when you will feel the true spirit of Christmas. And that’s giving that’s serving others and that’s when you feel fulfilled.”
– Joel Osteen
12. “I love everything about the holidays: the decorations, the parties, and spending time with friends and family. What I love most is that feeling of giving back. Every bit counts.”
– Brad Goreski
13. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
― Khalil Gibran
14. “The only gift I have to give, is the ability to receive. If giving is a gift, and it surely is, then my gift to you is to allow you to give to me.”
― Jarod Kintz
15. “Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
16. “Give, but give until it hurts.”
― Mother Teresa
17. “I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.”
― Khalil Gibran
18. “Good works is giving to the poor and the helpless, but divine works is showing them their worth to the One who matters.”
― Criss Jami
19. “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.”
― Brian Tracy
20. “I know what I have given you…
I do not know what you have received.”
― Antonio Porchia
21. “One must be poor to know the luxury of giving.”
― George Eliot
22. “Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly… lead the way!”
― Steve Maraboli
23. “It’s bad enough in life to do without something YOU want; but confound it, what gets my goat is not being able to give somebody something you want THEM to have.”
― Truman Capote
24. “When it comes to giving, some people stop at nothing.”
― Vernon McLellan
25. “The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.”
― Pierre Corneille
Now it’s your turn!
Now you know what other people think about giving. What are your thoughts on giving? What’s your favorite way to give?
Do you know of a great quote on giving that needs to be on this list? Share in the comments!
Photo Credit: Unsplash