March 3, 2015
- Information collected through mediums other than our Services;
- Information collected by any person or entity other than us, even if related to our Services (such as a Third Party website, application, widget or lead form).
Information We Collect and Receive About You
We might receive or collect several types of information about you, such as your name, address and last four digits of your social security number. This information is collected as described below.
Information Provided by You
The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites, blogs, other users and our business partners.
General Use and Preference Information
We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of our Services (such as details of how and when you used our Services, interactions with our Services, log in information, resources that you access, your Internet protocol address, your browser type, and your device type), as well as your user preferences.
We may collect your phone number in several ways. For example, we may collect your phone number: 1) if you submit your phone number to us through our Services; 2) by capturing your phone number if you call us; or 3) if a Third Party provides your phone number to us.
Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We and Third Parties use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, including sending cookies, pixel tags or other anonymous identifiers to your device. “Cookies” are pieces of data stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. A “pixel tag” is a type of technology placed within a website or email for the purpose of tracking activity, which is often used in combination with cookies. Other “anonymous identifiers” are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available. These technologies help us know that you are logged on, provide you with features based on your preferences, understand when you are interacting with our Services, and compile other information regarding use of our Services.
The information collected through these technologies, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personal information (e.g. information that can identify you). If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personal information. Please note that, in most cases, you can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but doing so may affect your ability to use our Services.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by CNAFinance.com and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We use local storage objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html .
How We Use Your Information
We may make Use of Your Information for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
- Engage in customer support. For example, we might confirm and complete transactions requested by you, verify information you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
How We Disclose Information
General Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Your Information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (i.e., your attorney);
- To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services’ maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to Use Your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep Your Information confidential;
- To Third Parties such as credit card providers when you use our Services to request a quote, services, or information from one or more of those Third Parties such as by clicking “get your approval” or other similar buttons at the end of a form;
- To Third Parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to our Services or about products or services you may find of interest; If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers below); and
- To our affiliated companies (e.g. companies under common control or management with us).
If you do not want Your Information shared as described above, then you should not provide us with Your Information.
Requests for Approvals and Services from Third Party Service Providers
As noted above, we may share Your Information with Requested Service Providers when you use our Services to request an approval, services or information from one or more Third Parties (a “Request”). IF YOU SUBMIT A REQUEST, REQUESTED SERVICE PROVIDERS MAY CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY WITH QUOTES VIA MAIL, TELEPHONE, TEXT MESSAGE, FAX, EMAIL AND OTHER MEANS OF COMMUNICATION. YOU MAY RECEIVE TELEMARKETING CALLS AS A CONSEQUENCE OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST THROUGH OUR SERVICES, EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY OR ANY OTHER DO NOT CALL REGISTRY.
If you are matched with Third Party Service Providers, you expressly consent to those Service Providers conducting any research necessary to provide you with quotes for your Request. Third Party Service Providers may need to share Your Information to conduct such research. As an example, if you request approval for a credit card, consumer reports may be ordered in connection with your application. Such reports may provide information that may assist in determining eligibility for insurance and the interest rate you may be charged for the card. Consumer reports may also be used for updates, renewal or extensions of this insurance. In addition, card issuers may use Third Parties in connection with the development of a “credit score” for you. If you do not want Third Party Service Providers to conduct necessary research to provide you with an approval for your Request, then you should not submit a Request.
Please note that if you submit a Request through our Services and we share Your Information as described above in connection with your Request, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of Your Information in connection with that Request.
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take Your Information and de-personalize it either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating Your Information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing Your Information). We reserve the right to share, loan, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose such information to Third Parties at any time, for any lawful purpose, without notice or compensation to you.
Sharing with Friends
Circumvention of Security Measures
When you enter sensitive information (such as last four digits of your social security number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
You must be at least 15 years of age to register with or use certain portions of the Services. The Services are not intended for children under 15 years of age. No one under 15 years of age may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of a website, the location of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website.
User Generated Content
We offer publicly accessible blogs and other interactive media through our Services. To request removal of Your Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove Your Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions through our Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Third Party Widgets and Plug-ins
Operation of our Services in the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with Your Information, you consent to this transfer.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding Your Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Special Notification for California Residents — Your California Privacy Rights
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personal information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personal information to Third Parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
CNAFinance.com / Controlyourcity.com LLC
14405 SE Center St.
Portland OR 97236
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.