Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: SRPT) is climbing in the pre-market this morning. However, if you’re digging for press releases or SEC filings, you’re not going to find anything issued this morning. So, what’s the deal? Today, we’ll talk about:
- Why SRPT is headed up;
- what we’re seeing from the stock; and
- what we’ll be watching for ahead.
Here’s What’s Happening With SRPT
As mentioned above, Sarepta Therapeutics is having a strong start to the trading session this morning, but no real news has been released. So, what’s the deal? Investors seem to be eagerly awaiting a catalyst that’s just two days away.
Recently, SRPT announced that it will be making two big announcements on February 27th. Here’s what they are:
- Clinical Data – The company intends on announcing the results from its first 3-patient cohort of a phase I/iia gene transfer clinical trial. The trial is using MYO-101 as a potential option to treat Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Type 2E.
- Financial Results – SRPT also said that it intends on reporting its financial results for the fourth quarter and full 2018 year on the same day.
If you would like to access the conference calls associated with the coming catalysts, please use the information below:
- The Clinical Data Call – The clinical data call will be held at 8:00 am. To participate, call (844) 534-7313 and use the passcode 1693875.
- The Financial Results Call – The financial results call will be held at 4:30 pm. To participate, call (844) 534-7313 and use the passcode 3768408.
SPRT also said that following the calls, recordings will be available on its investor relations website.
What We’re Seeing From The Stock
One of the first lessons that we learn when we start to work int he market is that the news leads to moves. When it comes to Sarepta Therapeutics, while the news isn’t released yet, the coming catalysts are exciting investors.
So, it’s not surprising to see that the stock is making a run for the top. As is normally the case, our partners at Trade Ideas were the first to alert us to the gains. Currently (8:22), SRPT is trading at $139.98 per share after a gain of $3.44 per share or 2.52% thus far today.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
What We’ll Be Watching For Ahead
Moving forward, the CNA Finance team will continue to keep a close eye on SRPT. In particular, we’re interested in following the coming catalysts and excited to see both the clinical and financial results. Nonetheless, we’ll continue to follow the story closely and bring the news to you as it breaks!
Never Miss The News Again
Do you want real-time, actionable news delivered to your inbox? Join the CNA Finance mailing list below!